Looking for a job as Research Microbial Molecular Technician?
CSK food enrichment is constantly seeking for ways of improving functionalities of strains of lactic acid bacteria, applied by our customers in the finest dairy products on earth. Because CSK is expanding, we are looking for a
Research Microbial Molecular Technician
As a microbial molecular technician, you will design and perform strain engineering to unravel and validate genetic changes in bacterial strains. Specifically you will modifying complex phenotypes such as fermenting capacity or flavor and textural attributes. You will be using GMO and non-GMO techniques for these studies and expected to contribute in setting up new methodologies.
In this role, you will be working with all facets of the R&D-department.
What you do
- you will be work in a project team to study lactic acid bacteria
- use molecular genetic techniques, introduce new methods, analyze and interpret results
- your work will involve screening lactic acid bacteria (LAB) on their phenotypic and genotypic level
- testing functional properties of LAB in dairy applications
As a result of your unstoppable curiosity, you will be asking a lot questions. Your curiosity and input will be essential in setting up projects and experiments.
It is in your nature no to be satisfy with the status quo. You will help us improve the efficiency of the team with your effort, creativity and initiatives. You have a practical approach combined with keen thinking
You are a team player. The research is done in multi-disciplinary teams so we need you to be able to work in a team and have an open and direct style communication.
- a bachelor degree in Microbiology
- practical experience in working with any microorganisms (dairy, medical, yeast)
- theoretical knowledge and practical experience to work independently with molecular genetic techniques (PCR, qPCR, PFGE, Elisa)
- experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams
Full match and live up to our five core values: entrepreneurial, open, together, responsible, authentic.
The opportunity to explore and develop all your talents and curiosity within an ambitious company and a high level R&D-department. A full time position, 36 hours a week. We offer a good salary, travel allowence, a good pension scheme and 25 vacation days and every four weeks two extra days.
Interested and how to apply?
Do you recognize yourself in the profile? Please press the apply-button and give us your motivation and upload your resume (we like PDF).
For questions about the position, you can contact Hans Brandsma, Manager R&D on telephone number +31 88 1341500 or Thomas Bos, Recruiter on +31 6 22060878.