If you produce lactic butter according to the NIZO-METHOD, our Ceska® lact LA is the ideal solution to stabilize the pH of the butter without any labelling. Ceska® lact LA is a natural lactic acid concentrate, obtained by fermentation of dairy ingredients using natural lactic acid bacteria and is applied together with a food culture or distillate to the butter process after churning of the cream. The result is a year-round microbiological stable and aromatic butter.
The NIZO-PROCESS is a method to produce lactic butter from sweet cream in a continuous process with sweet buttermilk as a by-product. The desired pH-Level is achieved with the use of Cesk® lact LA. The typical butter aroma Diacetyl can be formulated either by the application of Ceska® star dairy cultures or Ceska® lact distillate.
The process has several benefits such as:
BENEFITS OF THE NIZO BUTTER PROCESS
- The sweet buttermilk created during this production process is easy to use as an ingredient in a wide variety of food applications;
- The process yields a butter product that is entirely natural and dairy-based;
- Increased process control, as the process consists of three separate steps;
- Improved control over the fat-free dry matter in the butter;
- Enhanced butter quality that is more stable all year round.
CSK your source
CSK has a leading expertise in the field of butter production, with many years of practical experience and knowledge.
Ceska®Lact LA is made by fermenting a medium containing dairy ingredients in the presence of a natural lactic starter culture. The obtained fermentate is purified by ultra-filtration with the aim to remove milk proteins. On top of that, Ceska®Lact is concentrated and standardized according to a certain degree of acidity and contains 15% lactic acid.
Ceska®Lact distillate benefits
Using Ceska®Lact lactic acid distillate in your butter production – rather than using cultures – offers many advantages.
- Benefit from improved process security, with more controlled flavour development during butter production;
- Immediately achieve the right diacetyl ratio in your butter;
- Compose aroma and flavour according to your specific preferences;
- Enjoy natural flavour solutions without declaration;
- Be sure that your butter is compliant with European regulations, which ban the use of non-dairy components, while allowing the application of Ceska®Lact lactic acid distillate;
- Benefit from Kosher certification by London Beth Din (KLBD-D) and Halal certification by HFFIA (HVV).
NON-SOLUBLE BUTTER AROMA
Nowadays, butter is typically produced in a continuous process using a butter churn. Aromas used in the production of butter are water-soluble. The high amount of butter fat in butter lends a pronounced basic flavour. This means a non-soluble butter aroma is essential. The most important aroma component is diacetyl. Ceska®Lact lactic acid distillate is standardized according to a diacetyl content of 1,000 ppm per litre. In the NIZO butter process, a mixture of five litres of Ceska®Lact lactic acid permeate and one litre of Ceska®Lact lactic acid distillate per 1,000 kg butter is needed to achieve a pH of 5.0 and diacetyl content of 1.0 ppm in the butter.
WE WILL THINK ALONG WITH YOU, CONTACT US!
Whatever dairy challenge you set us: Taste can build a bridge.+31 88 13 41 500